Bosch Dishwasher Circulation Pump replacement SGS45E02GB/45

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ladies & Gents, Boys & Girls,

Following the moving of our Bosch Exxcel Multi Programme Maxx SGS45E02GB/45 Dishwasher it has started to make a horrendous noise. Due to the house renovation the investigation into the very loud high pitch grinding noise has taken a back seat, up until last weekend when the noise stopped. Great I thought. 'can you smell a burning smell' say the wife. Not so great I thought.

So thanks to some really good write ups on here I managed to isolate the problem, the circulation pump. I tried to turn the prime mover fins with a screwdriver, which gave a lot of resistance initially but then freed up. I ran the d/w and everything worked, no burning smell but accompanied by the lovely grinding noise again. I did the old screwdriver to the ear trick and the noise is definitely coming from the circulation pump. I removed the filters inside the d/w along with the crescent grey bracket and tried to feel for any movement on the impeller which didn't indicate much and felt surprisingly sturdy. I tried at little GT85 on the end bearings/shaft to no avail.

So I have ordered a new pump, however I was wondering if anyone (preferably a pro), has any good tips for the replacement. If anyone fancies giving a concise write-up it'd be really appreciated. I'm lead to believe it's a sod of a job, which doesn't phase me so long as I have a mild idea of what to do.

The only info I have thus far is, power off, disconnect and drain down, top and sides off and turn it on it's top. Anything further and at the moment I'm following my nose.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You sure the E-number you quoted is right?
Could be something as simple as a piece of junk stuck in the impellor housing or at worst the impellor and/or seals are damaged (in which case a circulation pump rep-kit may be available for your model).
I wouldn't go turning a dishwasher on its head.
Please check the E-number again.

Sponsored Links
Buy some plasters & have your swear box ready ;)
Lie the DW on its back & remove the 4 corner screws holding the tank to the plastic base. Lever the tank from the base slightly on the RH side & wedge a piece of wood etc between the two (do not split the tank & base, you'll never get them back together). That ought to give you enough room to get the circ pump out. Follow the instructions in section 8 to remove the circ pump http://www.scribd.com/doc/53682471/BOSCH-Dishwasher-Repair-Man-SHI-SHU (different model, same procedure). You may only need a pump rep-kit, in which case wait until you see what the damage is before breaking out the new circ pump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back