Bosch Dishwasher Exxcel SGS45E02 leaking water into base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dishwasher has decided to play up. Have took apart and can see that the base has some water in it and it is making the safety float on the left hand side of the machine cut in. It even has water on the right side where the electrics are obviously I have switched off and bailed out this area!

Attached are some photos, the plastic water matrix seems to have some sort of black deposit around the red insert (which I can only just make out) at the top left of the water matrix. When pumping out it does not seem to clear what is labelled as 1 on the water matrix, with a slight dribble from what is labelled as 2 on the water matrix. Cannot see any obvious drips anywhere.

Anyone got any clues

Tks

Sponsored Links
Just found out that my partner cleaned it out on Friday wonder if this is related?

Tks

Have cleaned the matrix of the black deposits that were in the top left portion that was covering the red valve area. The rest of it looks quite clean where does pipe 2 on the matrix go as I cant seem to see where it is located as this has some orange cover staining.

Just found out that my partner cleaned it out on Friday wonder if this is related?

Tks

Sounds a bit silly but check the discharge pipe for any restrictions.
I have had a similar experience twice with a similar model, each time it was an issue with the outlet pipe. Turning the machine on its side to drain the water then cleared error.

Sponsored Links
Outlet is ok as I have disconnected and it drains fine into a bucket. The issue seems to be a leak from the right hand side that is apparent when the motor is pumping the water into the was chamber can't see 100% where the water is leaking but it is definately when the machine is running the pump motor. During my quest to find info I have found the attached service manual.

http://www.cteq.ca/Doc_texte/DishwasherTraining bosch.pdf

Should be useful

Right had some time for this and have fixed it. Took it totally apart removed sides removed and front kick plate, bottom plastic sump tray. Found evidence of a leak on the front of the circulator housing (white flakey deposits). So took this apart and used swan silicon grease on o ring and also on all other o rings. Put machine back together and all is now fine. Took about 2hrs total plus time taken to rig a platform up so I could run the dishwasher suspended in the air with the sump tray off to inspect for leaks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back