Neff dishwasher not filling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG-5875.JPG Hi,

I have a Neff integrated dishwasher which isn't filling with water, and hope someone can help please. The E-Nr is S511A50X0G/52.

I have checked (not necessarily in this order!):-

1. Pipes to make sure they're not kinked.
2. Water inlet valve under the sink (water is flowing there)
3. The small filter in the end of the aquastop (completely clean)
4. The matrix (which was gunked up around the routes dealing with waste, but is now clear (after hours of cleaning!))
5. The small fan in the matrix (spins)
6. Waste pipe leading from dishwasher to u-bend under sink (clear)
7. Filter (now clean)
8. Sump (free of debris)
9. Impeller in sump (spins without obstruction)
10. Tilting dishwasher to empty any water which might be in the base

I've attached a photo showing the matrix, and also a short video (in the zip file) which shows what happens when I turn the dishwasher on. I had poured some water into the sump (which I'm guessing is required for the impeller to start to drain), and can hear 2-3 pumping sounds (which I believe is the impeller in the sump), see some movement in the waste water in the matrix, but then can't see any clean water entering the matrix.

Does anyone have any ideas on what might be wrong / what I can do to fix it please?

Thanks,

Nick

Attachments

• Dishwasher video.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 290
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It could be the aquastop, the solenoid inside the appliance or a failure in the electronics, might have to call an engineer.

Thanks CBW. Might end up having to call an engineer out, but I’m trying to see whether I can diagnose / fix the problem myself first.

I have now discovered that moving a magnet near the reed switch / flow sensor in the matrix will cause clean water to flow into the matrix (if I do it straight after the initial drain cycle) but just for a couple of seconds. That makes me think that the aquastop is working, but I’d welcome any views. Does anyone know anything about the reed switch? It appears to be in a normally closed position - should that be the case?

Thanks,

Nick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back