just about to bin this 7yr old Neff dishwasher due to bizarre fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
well I have a Neff SL15J1F (S5444X1GB/23) dishwasher. It turns on and the motor runs but relays in the machine body just click. It never fills or stars a wash. The float works fine and there is no water leak underneath making the machine drain all the time. All lights/buttons work on control panel. The damn thing wont fill. Been at this two weeks LOL. ALL my NEFF appliances have packed up or caused issues after 7 years almost to the month. It's a joke

It will not fill via the cold water inlet. So far I have:

checked the water input - OK
replaced the aquastop valve - No effect
changed the impeller jug - No effect
cleaned all the pipes and matrix - No effect
Visually inspected the control board and resoldered any possibly bad joints - No effect
Poured water manually into the machine. It runs very weakly and tries to do it's cycle.

Something in the machine is holding the aquastop closed it seems, is there anything else I should check before I bin this unit?

any help much appreciated

Sponsored Links
Can't help fix it but before you bin it - consider giving it to someone else on Freegle and that will save you having to cart it off or pay for it to be removed.

Check/tug earths and make sure they're clean? Any damage or blackening along the wiring loom? Significant kinks on the way to the aquastop? Is the wiring continuous electrically?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back