Bosch Dishwasher FD7201 Solenoid valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This perfectly ancient dishwasher has worked for 28 years! the only thing replaced is a wheel for one of the shelves. The frontdisplay is a bit manky behind the clear facia. Today however it has packed up. Seems there is an issue with the remote solenoid valve/ filter. After purging water at the start of the cycle it will not take water on board. Hitting the solenoid does allow a very much reduced flow of water. However even when the
machine fills the arms spin very slowly with only a very reduced flow through the spinner arm. Yes I know I have got my money's worth. It owes me nothing. The solenoid valve is no longer available. If I were to replace it with a universal valve it may cure the filling process but would it be an answer for the spinner arm. Up to today it worked without fail. Views appreciated.Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Indeed the FD number indicates the dishwasher was made in Jan. 1992. Do you have an Enr / model number. If you manually fill it to the bottom of the salt cap which is the normal level see if the wash pump is pumping ok, making the spray arms spin.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back