Bosch Dishwasher Leaking, but from where?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

My Bosch Dishwasher has decided to start leaking in the bottom, filling up the float area and triggering the E15 error.
After cleaning out the water I believe the water is coming from beneath the coppery/orange chamber in the photo. What is this part? It's quite an old Bosch so need to weigh up whether it's worth buying a new part or scrapping.

20190202_201512.jpg

Can I access this? Do I need to take the side panel off?

Thanks!

Ben.

Sponsored Links
Hi Ben, sorry but can’t be specific for you but passing on some general advice following my own washing machine problems, which also has a post here on this forum!

A good place to start is You Tube as you can find lots of information there which might give you some pointers, that is what I done and found the info very useful. You might need to ascertain what the actual error code means to help you determine the best route forward.

Thanks Jules. Appreciate your reply but we're beyond the error code & YouTube stage! :)

I've taken the side of today and doesn't she look lovely. From any Bosch repairers reading, what would your expert diagnosis be? Is this salvageable? I'm presuming from the limescale buildup around the waste pipes that this is where the leak is coming from. Do you think a simple swap of O-Rings fix it?

20190205_111815.jpg
20190205_111811.jpg

Thanks Jules. Appreciate your reply but we're beyond the error code & YouTube stage! :)

I've taken the side of today and doesn't she look lovely. From any Bosch repairers reading, what would your expert diagnosis be? Is this salvageable? I'm presuming from the limescale buildup around the waste pipes that this is where the leak is coming from. Do you think a simple swap of O-Rings fix it?

View attachment 158313 View attachment 158314
Hi Ben, did you fix this and if so, how?
I have exactly the same issue.
Cheers
Nigel

Sponsored Links
Nigel - not sure if you got anywhere with this over the last few weeks, but worth a look at my experience with my Siemens dishwasher which is basically the identical machine internals, and the first leak I found was in this specific area, but the cause was higher up on the back of the plastic manifold so it couldn't be seen/fixed without removing it, and the water was just running down the back and onto those pipe connectors. Makes sense if you think about it as the two pipes with the black O rings nearest the gunge in the above photo are a push fit upwards into the manifold so it can't be those leaking as there is gunge above them.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back