Bosch SMV53A00GB/20 leaking into base

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Bosch dishwasher is about 4-5 years old, and recently cut out with the E15 error/pump running continuously.
There was water in the base + float, so I drained it and ran another cycle watching with a torch.

A few minutes after starting, I observed a trickle of water running from a vent hole at the back of the base, on the right hand side (0520 on the Bosch parts diagram).

Not long after, it tripped the RCD on the consumer unit; at that point, the trickle was gentle and hadn't pooled enough in the base to raise the float.

Any likely places these leak from?

Sponsored Links
It appears that the plastic base has warped where it joins to the stainless steel sides and back.
When I pour water into the gap from the outside, it freely runs into the inside, so I’m guessing when it’s running, water is being forced out of the gaps and down into the inside, onto electronics etc.
I have some rubber seal I could try and bodge with, but guessing it’s new machine time.

Attachments

• 1F9D660B-FD40-4147-B44D-8330BAA7924B.jpeg
    1F9D660B-FD40-4147-B44D-8330BAA7924B.jpeg
    166.3 KB · Views: 243

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back