Bosch Dishwasher SGS5342GB/17

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our dishwasher does not wash very well in specific areas of the washer, mainly the top shelf. The top wash arm hardly spins at all and water just dribbles out of in. The lower arm sprays much better and washes.

The arms are clear
The filters are clear
The water drains away OK
I have removed/replaced the cover which exposed a pump impeller in the sump. This is clear.
I have removed the pipes that run up to the arms and can confirm they are also clear.

Can anyone suggest what maybe causing the fault?

The washing machine has also developed a leak when working but I'll save that for another day

Thanks, in advance

Sponsored Links
Mr Rocks1

Thanks for your help.
The matrix of the side does look pretty similar to your picture. I have confirmed that nothing is blocked. I want to avoid removing it as it looks very involved. I have cleaned what I can get at.

I have been observing its operation with the sides off and trying to understand its operational sequence. (I'm a gas engineer so this is how I approach fault finding etc.) I was making the micro-switches to see what happened and realise that one drains the appliance. I realised that when I semi drained it, it was making a different noise and so poured more water into the front of the machine (more than I had drained). With the increased water level the washer is now cleaning much better and the arm is spraying as it used too.

What does this suggest?

Do I need to remove the matrix to clean it?

Many thanks in advance.

Simon

yes it needs a clean its easy to remove also the thick pipe at the front marked needs cleaning it will be blocked with crud ,you could give it a couple of washes with white vinegar tip some more water in the sump that should clear it.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help

Pour vinegar directly into the matrix. Took a while to drain. Kept on filling it up and then poured boiling water down. Suddenly with a couple of glugs the matrix suddenly drained.

Ran a wash with the vinegar and it all seems fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back