Bosch dishwasher SGS55C02GB lower arm not spinning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Problem as per title. I have checked that the arm is not blocked, have cleaned all components internally and have replaced the heater/valve assembly for a new one from Bosch, but lower arm still doesn't spin (although water comes out of the arm). The top arm spins fine. I noticed in the heater I removed that one outlet disc was mostly open while the other (presumably for the lower arm) was only partially open. This may explain why the lower arm is not spinning but some water comes out of it (the pressure is insufficient because the valve isn't opening fully thus restricting the flow. My understanding is that as one valve opens fully, the other should fully close, and this cycles at @ one minute intervals).

Does anyone know what might be going wrong? Is whatever controls the valves malfunctioning (possibly a logic board)? Is there a way to test the valves are working properly in the heater (just in case the new unit is faulty, and also to see if the old one was)? Also I'm wondering if the machine has to be reset after replacing the heater; if so, what combination of buttons do you press for this specific machine?

And in case you're wondering, there is a button for upper rack only which lights when it's pressed, but the lower arm doesn't spin even when that light is out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If it's likely to cost much more to fix, I'll reluctantly have to get a new one. Just can't do without one though; I'd forgotten how awful washing up by hand is!

Regards

Neil

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back