Bosch Dishwasher stuck in rinse mode

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a Bosch SGS5318 GB/12 Silver edition dishwasher, which has been working fine up until yesterday when I put it on. It has got to the rinse cycle and then just stuck, it sounds like the pump is running or trying to run continuously. When I opened the door to stop the cycle, the dishes are still dirty and the dishwasher tab is now sitting at the bottom of the dishwasher. I have tried pressing the two reset buttons but the display just flashes 0 and the pump continues to try and run. Have tried changing cycle, have checked that water supply is still in place. 
Any ideas or suggestions gratefully received. Although I suspect that the pump maybe on the way out as the machine is close to 10 years old. If this is the case how much would I be looking at to replace the pump and how easy is it to do?
Thanks in advance
Jon

Sponsored Links
Jon

When you open the door does the pump continue working. If so I think you have a leak. At the bottom of the dishwasher there is a sump which when full flicks a switch which stops the machine and continues to pump out.

Dry out the sump and the dishwashers will work again. Either by getting at the sump or by tipping the dishwasher to an angle of 45 degrees.

I have been unable to find where may leak is coming from and therfore I need to empty the sump every so often.

Hope this is of help - please let me know if I am right and if you find the leak where it comes from.

Pump hose may be kinked or obstructed preventing emptying and progress of cycle. Has the machine been pulled forward or pushed back recently.?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back