Bosch Excell Dishwasher Pump Stuck on after wash cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a 6 year old Bosch Exxcel Dishwasher which i'm really hoping to save from being scrapped.
The problem is that the dishwasher is getting stuck at the end of the wash cycle and not moving onto the rinse cycle. The time on the countdown timer is always 31 minutes when it gets stuck.
The pots always appear washed well but have a little residue on the top from not being rinsed I presume.
I've also noticed that the timer seems to get to 31 minutes quicker than normal.
I opened the door when the machine was stuck on 31 minutes and the power stayed on with the pump still making a noise in the base of the machine. I poured some water into the base to check and the pump cleared it out of the base and continued to stay on.
I have also been able to smell a slight burning rubber smell.
So it seems the pump in the base is stuck switched on at the end of the wash cycle and isn't allowing the machine to get to the rinse cycle.
Any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sounds like your anti-flood device has kicked in. Lean the machine forward to see if any water runs out of the base (have a towel or two ready). Once the water runs out you should be able to start the dishwasher as normal, but you will have to track down the source of the leakage (usually the wash motor seals). The burning smell sounds slightly more ominous...but one step at a time.

Thanks for your help Zipper.
I did what you suggested and first time no water came out but the machine did move onto the rinse and dry cycle.
Second time the machine got stuck again.
Third time tipped it up again a bit further this time and some water came out onto the floor, since then the machine has worked properly.
However as you rightly say the source of the leak needs to be found, can you help with finding the wash motor seals as you suggest?
I think the burning smell was just the pump over working/heating.
Many thanks
Meggalar

Sponsored Links
Be glad to help. But could you please post the machine "E-number"? It should be laser engraved on the upper inside edge of the door lip. This number makes it easier to supply you with the correct information.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back