Bosch dishwasher water inlet problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have acquired a second hand bosch dishwasher.
Plugged it in etc; worked fine for a couple of cycles.

It then began stopping halfway through the cycle and only to start again when the machine was tilted slightly backwards.

It has since stopped letting any water in at all.

Do I need to get a new inlet valve or does it just need a good clean inside?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for your prompt replies.

No water came out when tipped back. I literally tipped it just a couple of cm whilst moving it back a bit and the cycle kicked in. I've tried tipping it again but it doesn't seem to make any difference now.

The filters inside the machine (underneath where you put the dishes) are clean; I take it you're talking about the internal filters at the back of the machine? (if there are filters there???)

Sponsored Links
Tip it at least 45' to the right side or rear wait for a 45sec to let the water drain out, put a towel down, 1/4 pint, then try again. If it works take the sides off, open door 2 screw either side, and see where the leak is coming from. Could well be something simple!

Good luck

Colin

Thanks andy.
wrestled with dishwasher all day yesterday. in the process of tipping machine all over the place to get to its innards lots of water came out. checked inlet was working ok; no problems there. i put it all back together again minus the panel on the side which gives access to water tank thing with what i think is the float switch. it has run through two complete cycles with no problem. i think the machine not working might be something to do with the water float switch thing sticking or something. might even just need salt!!!!I'm not much the wiser for all my pains yesterday but fingers crossed...

I think that when you tipped machine water cleared from the bottom tray, where the motor is etc. so now the anti flood switch is not activated via the float polistyreen circle on the left hand side. When using the machine now look in the sides to see where the leak is coming from. Sometimes a very small leak can take a month before it fills the base enough to trip anti flood and is difficult to see.

Good luck

Colin

I'm not sure about the water in the bottom and the leak. there didn't seem to be water in the bottom. there was quite a lot of mouse poo there though; don't suppose this would have the same effect??? it's working at the moment but I have only run a couple of cycles so not sure if it's reliably working yet. Many thanks for helpful replies Colin.

don't think mouse poo is the problem. If it happens again just try and push the door, without tilting machine, if it doesn't start open and close the door.
If you need to post again include model number.

Lets hope it runs forever!!

Colin

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back