Bosch Dishwasher Water Tap light Red

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The brush symbol light on my fully integrated Bosch SMV50C00GB/07 dishwasher was flashing after the wash and the items were still dirty. I inspected the inlet & outlet pipes for blockages, cleaned filters, examined waste water pump – no obstructions, impeller rotating OK. I ran the machine again this time 5 beeps when it came to drain water tap symbol flashing, the water extraction pump kept running on and would not stop except by resetting machine. Ran the machine a third time, seemed to complete full wash dishes seemed clean, no residual water but water tap light illuminated.

Similar problems seem to point to the reed Switch I have replaced the reed switch but the water tap light is still illumiated after running a cycle. I'm Stumped. Any Ideas

Sponsored Links
doesn't the handbook include a guide to fault codes?

e.g. five beeps, pause, 5 beeps, pause
or 2 flashes, pause, 2 flashes, pause

should be signalling a particular problem

No the operating instruction booklet is as good as useless. But on reflection the 5 beeps is simply an idicator that the cycle has finished.

I have now checked the float and the bottom of the machine there is no water in the base and the float is moving freely. When i run the machine with a soap tablet in it the tablet does not properly disolve and there is an invisible slimy residue from the tablet on the dishes

Sponsored Links
have you changed tablets recently , we noticed the same, on our bosch with some tablets, as the brand we used had changed.
cant remember the exact details, but i think it was on the box, that they would not work on a quick cool wash.
we have now moved with a different machine, and use the Lidl A5 brand i think, and works fine on a quick wash

some of the tablets have a clear shiny coating now, instead of being individually wrapped in plastic or foil.

The coating is PVA, which as decorators know, softens and dissolves in water.

the tablets issue is a red herring i think. It is illuminated water tap light that is the issue.

Thanks. But I have obviously run all the basic checks. It is clearly something more serious. I have already replaced the reed switch so I suspect it is a different part which need replacing.

I've just run it at 70 Deg and realise it's not hearing.

Suggesting heat pump or thermostat?

Interesting/strange
that this problem started with an apparent from drainage problem

Heat pump most likely. You will need a test meter to confirm. Locate the heat pump, on the front there will be a connector with two large red wires and an earth. Unplug and test for continuity between the two terminals vacated by the two red wires.

The heat pump is £130+and as I can get a BG engineer to do a one off repair Inc parts for £145 I'm going to go for that option. Thanks for all your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back