Bosch Dishwasher

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone! First post on here but expect to use it frequently as I like trying to fix anything that breaks on me.

I have a Bosch Classixx Dishwasher, its an old electric model with no digital display.

For a few days now it has been acting up. Essentially it attempts to go through a cycle and always fails at the point of pre-draining. It does a full cycle on the 'pre-rinse' mode (known I believe as 'rinse' mode on most machines) but won't complete a proper cycle which includes cleaning.

Firstly, there is no water sitting in the machine - when its attempting to drain there isn't anything in the machine.

Secondly, I have taken the base off the machine and checked the pump mechanism for any burn marks or wear and tear - there are none.

Thirdly, I have checked the fan/propeller mechanism for any debris, in addition to the inlet that runs from the inside of the machine to said propeller. There was no debris or anything untoward.

Lastly, I have disconnected the drainage hose from the sink and placed it into a large watertight kitchen bin. The pre-rinse cycle fills this to approximately a quarter.

I'm now at a dead end and would appreciate any advice an expert could give me on the machine. It seems almost like a 'software' failure in that its doing its job but not progressing.

Thanks and all the best,
Sam

Sponsored Links
Check the corrugated plastic hose which runs from the metering tank to the sum for blockages. You can remove this easily from the metering tank end by removing the lhs panel. The sump end is accessed by removing the metal plate at the front behind the door above the base unit. Two screwd either side hold this on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back