Bosch Excell Washing Machine not spinning - help required

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having a nightmare with my Bosch washing machine ( model number WF0285SGB ). Basically the drum has stopped spinning. I moved it last week and it refused to enter spin cycle but continued to wash clothes. It has now stopped spinning altogether.

Initially when I moved it, it was into a cupboard where the floor was not level. I then tried levelling it but that made no difference.

I have replaced the brushes as these were really worn thinking that was the potential issue however still It has still got the same issue. The machine seems to make a mechanical groaning sound when I try to put on the pain cycle. I also hear a relay switch click but nothing then happens.

Any help would be greatly appreciated in trouble shooting this. As we have 3 mucky kids, my wife is about to pull the trigger on a new washing machine but I am keen to understand if this one can be fixed first.

Sponsored Links
Incase it helps anyone else. I had two issues which I have now happily resolved.

The fundamental issue was the brushes, as most posts on the forum suggest. Mine were worn right down.

The problem I had, after replacing the brushes the drum still would not turn. The fault here was the actual wiring into the motor where the brushes sit. When you try to remove the motor, you have to disconnect a wiring block so you can remove the motor, as the wiring is attached to it. As I was doing this, some of the wiring came loose as I struggled to remove the connector block.

Upon realising this might be the issue, I removed the back panel and motor then checked the wiring. Ensuring I had a good connection with the wiring on the motor, the drum started to spin again as normal.

Woo hoo......that extra check last night @ 11am saved me £300.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back