bosch exxcel 1200 express won't spin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

A few days ago, I bought a used (old) Bosch Exxcel 1200 Express. I didn't test it at the sellers house. I trusted the seller that it works (Will think twice next time) but it doesn't seem to work now. All buttons, LEDs, light up as they should.

When I select any washing option (wash, spin, etc) and press the Start button, after a short while (couple of minutes) the Wash LED starts to flash. Nothing seems to happen before, during or after the LED starts flashing. It's only the Wash LED that flashes.

What could be wrong with this washing machine?
We tried to start without empty drum and with a single small and light kitchen towel. The Wash LED flashed on both occasions. Does it have some kind of sensors that detect that there is no load?

Does anyone have instruction booklet for this washing machine?

What does Flashing Wash LED indicate?

I would appreciate any assistance. (Money is very difficult to come by as you would have gathered by me buying this really old machine).

Thanks
Idilka

Sponsored Links
Idilka, what goes around comes around, as we say. In the mean time, I'm searching the net and seeing what others are saying.... Soooo without further a do....

One technician said...

"...Hiya,

Take any laundry out of the appliance.
Take the filter cap off again.

Look in and you'll see the pump impellor.
Put the machine to drain or spin only.
Look in, is the impellor turning?

If it is, check the drain hose where it connects to the house drains.
If it's onto a connection, take the hose off and check both the hose and the connection for a blockage.

If it's all ok, refit the filter.
Pour a couple of litres of water into the tub.

Put it on spin.
Does it pump the water out?
Does the drum turn?..."

Thanks CrystalClear.
I'll do as you suggest later tonight, when I get home from work. Will report back.

Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Hi

I tried the above suggestions but non of them worked. Could it be that the control board is faulty?

Regards

Check the motor brushes.

True, but I'm guessing the seller has willingly sold her a washing machine with water damage.
The way the lights flash, it's pointing to water damage to the control board.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back