Bosch fridge freezer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

My fridge freezer seems to be having a few problems. Firstly the bulb in the fridge section does not go off, when you close the door or press the switch it only dims and does not go off. I tried replacing the switch with another switch but still have the same problem. The fridge also does not seem very cold anymore even though it is set to the coldest setting. Everything in freezer still seems frozen and to be working but maybe not as cold as previously.
The fridge freezer is not situated outside but in my kitchen which is at normal average room temperature. What could be faulty with the fridge freezer could it be the thermostat that is located in the fridge section near the lightbulb and door switch or something completely different?
My fridge freezer is a kgv28325gb/01 model. I looked up a replacement thermostat and it is approx £50, so not exactly a cheap part that i can buy and give a go to see if it solves the problem.
Thanks in advance guys

Sponsored Links
When did you last defrost it, that is always the first thing to do with faulty f/f's.

Has it got a switch by the thermostat that does something I know not what but keeps the interior light on dimly as well?

I have tried defrosting the freezer section that has made no difference.

The button near the light and thermostat is "the Super Freezing button, it turns on the Super Freezing which is when the freezer will become colder than normal and is useful when the customer adds large amounts of food to the freezer (they can also activate Super Freezing hours before they add the food to pre-cool it), ensuring it freezers quickly and safely. The button will be showing Red when it is in SuperFreezing mode and White when not in SuperFreezing mode, so Red is mode on, White is mode off".

Sponsored Links
the fridge and freezer seem to be operating ok... its just the light issue that i have to fix.. what do i need to look at next. I have tried a new bulb and also tried another light/door switch?

I am no expert so have no advice on how to fix the light, but based on what you wrote, is it simply the case that the fridge is not as cold anymore because the light stays on? The bulb produces residual heat, which over long periods of time can be quite noticeable. (Had to discover this the hard way when the door didn't shut properly, the light stayed on, and the inside of the fridge was warmer than the kitchen).
If the bulb causes the temperature issue, I would for now remove the bulb until you have found a way of getting the switch to work.

Oh yes i have removed the bulb quite a while ago thanks. So i have no light in the fridge, just need to try sort it out instead of having to buy a new fridge-freezer.

The switch by the bulb is to keep the light on at a low level when the appliance is located in a cold area, e.g garage or unheated building. The idea of this is to keep the fridge area above a minimum temperature so as not to get too cold, and affect the freezer operation.

The switch by the bulb is to keep the light on at a low level when the appliance is located in a cold area, e.g garage or unheated building. The idea of this is to keep the fridge area above a minimum temperature so as not to get too cold, and affect the freezer operation.
Not sure the op will still be looking 2 years later but it may be helpful for someone else with the same problem.

i never managed to get it fixed, having been using it with the bulb out :D

The fridge freezer is still going strong. We replaced it last year in a complete kitchen refurb, but passed it onto our son last month for his house. He had the problem of it freezing everything up, even in the fridge section and thought the thermostat was faulty. When I went to check, I noticed that the switch by the light was turned off. I remember we'd had that same fault. The fridge is located in what used to be the pantry, under the stairs, and there is no heating in the kitchen. I turned the switch on, so that it stayed "dim" when the door closed, set temperature to #1, and hey presto, all working fine again.

My fridge freezer is located in my kitchen.. Which is not cold at all

My fridge freezer is located in my kitchen.. Which is not cold at all

So if you turn the switch by the bulb to off, then hold in the switch that the door operates, does the light go fully off as it should?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back