Bosch Hydrosensor Slim dishwasher- side panel and knocking!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Bosch Hydrosensor Slimline dishwasher which has recently started knocking (can't think of any other way to describe it!). About once a second, varying intensities. It happens when the machine is filling (initially and during the whole cycle). Any suggestions as to what it could be. An engineer (who changed the front panel pcb on recall) suggested it called be the overfill valve cutting in and out due to a (partial) blockage in a pipe somewhere. I have run cleaner through it several times - just made the noise slightly louder! I have attempted to get a side panel off but failed at this first step! I have removed the front 2 screws, noted a small lug at the rear and assumed a lip at the bottom to lift over but it is firmly stuck at the top and I can't see a reason why; surely the top hasn't to be removed - if so how as I can see no screws?

So 2 questions -
What is wrong?
How do I get at it?

Any help much appreciated as I don't want to buy new at the moment and its probably not worth spending a lot to get repaired as it is over 10 years old (but was, and is, working fine (apart from the knock!)).

Many thanks

Terry

Sponsored Links
It could be a blockage either in the matrix or transfer hose, this is a fairly common issue on older machines. To help us identify exactly which model you have please post the full E-number. It is either laser engraved on the door lip or there is a sticker on the side of the door.

Hello Zipper

Many thanks for the reply. Any advice on locating, removing the parts etc would very be welcome.

The relevant numbers are -
SRS5602GB/04
FD8102

Terry

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back