Bosch KGU 40123 GB Fridge Freezer Ice build-up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yesterday, I found a pool of water on the floor. Under the bottom drawer of the freezer, there was quite a thick sheet of ice. I removed it, checked for cracks/leaks and replaced the drawer. This morning, I've started to get a build-up of ice again. Any suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
then probably the ducts at the back are blocked. This sometimes happens with frost-frees.

Take out all the food and eat it, turn off the freezer and leave it in a warm room for at least 24 hours with the door open, until it has completely stopped dripping, both into the cabinet and into the dish round the back on top of the motor. You will have to pull the appliance away from the wall to get at the dish. Keep mopping it out so the water doesn't overflow and get onto electrical parts.

If it happens again in less than six months (unless you have been leaving the door open) then it probably has a fault in the defrost heater element or stat and will need repair.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back