Bosch Logixx won't fill with water

M

mattatkins

I have a Bosch Logixx dishwasher which is about 2.5 years old. It has been moved a couple of times and been in storage for 6 months (moving house) and I have now reinstalled it. For some reason it won't fill with water. The water is definitely on to the inlet and the pipe is not kinked. The programme seems to run as normal but there is no water! Can anyone think of what might be going wrong? Could something have come loose in transit?

Many thanks

Matt

Sponsored Links
The programme seems to run as normal but there is no water!
Seems to run as normal, what does that means ? There is a water level sensor in the machine which should prevent the program advancing until the correct water level is reached; prevents the heating element melting and burning your house down.

The programme seems to run (i.e. the time counts down and it seems to be cycling through the program) but if you open it up there is no water coming out of the jets or in the bottom of the dishwasher. therefore it doens't seem to be preventing the progrmae from running even if there is no water.

if you listen closely when the machine seems to be going round its cycle , can you hear a buzzing sound , if so i would say the circ pump has seized up whilst in storage

Sponsored Links
have identical problem with 6 year old bosch - sounds as though pump going, water goes in, drains but does not circulate through spray arms. Generic problem with Bosch dishwashers?

Thanks for your help. I'll check it out tonight to see if I can hear a buzzing noise.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Out of interest if this is the problem how much does a circ pump cost to replace (just parts)?
____________________-
please note 10a & 9 which are here

I had a similar problem with a different machine. After I responded to your posting yesterday, I continued to search the Web. One site suggested to check the float switch. I did and found out the float switch jammed. I used my finger to push the switch up and down several times and it works now. The float switch of my dishwasher is located at the front left of the tub inside a plastic housing. It stops the water when water reaches certain level in the tub to prevent over-flowing. Naturally when it is stuck in the up position, water won't start.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back