Bosch \Neff Dishwasher help required. AntiFlood problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, hope someone on here knows a little about dishwashers, I have a Neff dishwasher which over the past couple of months has periodically stopped working. After much research I have realised that the anti flood device is being activated.

I've now got the dishwasher out and the side panel off, its now clear of water. I set it to do a quick was and I noticed a little bit of water in the areas marked with an arrow on the picture. (I suspect the little bit of water I found on the bottom arrow may have trickled from somewhere else.

So my questions are...

1. Can I seal these areas with some waterproof sealant?
2. Can anyone offer some other advice on how to fix it?
3. Should I be looking for a leak else where?
4. Are there any other tips that could help me getting this machine working properly without having to 'de flood' it every week?

DSCF1586.jpg

Edit to say , I've set it for a proper wash, I saw the water go through the pipes shown with the arrows. As it did I then saw a reasonably high amount of water spill from the area just to the left of the red anti flood spindle. (in this picture covered by the white celophane) it then proceeded to 'pulse' the anti flood switch.

Now it may be that it is meant to do this during the wash to activate the drainage (?) but i'm sure the amount of water I saw drip out is almost certainly why I'm having this problem.

Does anyone know if that unit with the anti flood device in is easy to remove? or could it just be a clogged up drainage hose? if so how do i clear it?

Sponsored Links
The pressure chamber (the really dirty part where the two left arrows point to) needs to be removed, dismantled & cleaned thoroughly. You will also have to remove & clean the transfer hose (short stub hose to the right of the red float rod). This is a very common problem. To get to & remove the transfer hose take off the front panel under the door. The hose has o-ring fittings each end & just pulls out.

Hi Zipper, Thanks for your really prompt reply, How easy is it to remove the chamber? It seems as though all the plastic water chambers above the unit need to come out first (mine seems to have more than most pictures I've seen)

Thanks
TIm

There are many good posts on the forum about this particular issue (some with pictures). Use the search facility & type in "matrix"....you'll find lots of info (& it saves me typing a long answer). Its a very common problem ;)

Sponsored Links
OK, having another crack at this, I've managed to disconnect the host from the pressure unit but i'm unsure how to remove the rest of the matrix to enable me to take the pressure unit out (I assume i need to remove the matrix?) Also its full of water? How do I drain it out?
:confused:
DSCF1587.jpg

Also i'm not sure how to remove the waste hose, it seems that the door is in the way

Not sure if anyone is reading but i've now taken off the matrix, water everywhere, still i can now access the pressure bit, i guess it needs to unclip from the base but its very tight, any tips?

ok, now have the chamber out, brute force required it seems.

I planned to soak it but obviously it has the switches on, can these be removed?

I feel very lonely. :LOL:

Don't feel lonely :(
This will help http://rakerprivatelibrary.com/Dishwashers/Bosch/BOSCH Dishwasher Repair Man SHI SHU.pdf I don't know who Mr Raker is but the link is public domain & anyone can google their way to it. Although it covers US models it is still viable regarding your repair & most components are standard anyway. Study pages 46 - 47. The water jacket isn't the same as yours but the pressure chamber is. Take the outer door skin off by removing 3 x T20 screws either side on the inside of the door (explained in an earlier page). Once the door is off remove the front plate & that gives you access to the pump/transfer hose. Good luck :D

Thanks again Zipper, well I got everything out except the waste out hose, I stuck something down it and pulled out some sludge. I tested to see if water went through the pipe ok and it did.

I got the matrix out, I just went for it and a load of water came out but it meant I could take out the pressure unit (i think thats what it was called) Managed to remove the switches and then cleaned it with a toothbrush and soaked it in hot soapy water, its pretty clean now. Re-assembled and am now running some dishwasher cleaner through (doubt they do much to be honest) So far, fingers crossed, no sign of leaking, I'll run it a few with the side off so I can keep an eye on it.

Managed it with a mix of your posts, a bit of googling and throwing caution to the wind!

Fingers crossed!!!! :D

Didn't you check out the link in my last post? There is some excellent info in there.

Sadly the car is Japanese not German!

I see you're in Aberdeen, hope your house hasn't blown away! :LOL:

House is fine but its playing havoc with my kilt :LOL:
Good you got the problem resolved, if it reoccurs take off the transfer hose & give it a good flush through...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back