1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

BOSCH Slimline Dishwasher (SD13G1B) control module

Discussion in 'Appliances' started by Phil Grant, 14 Jan 2020 at 7:21 PM.

1. Phil Grant

Phil Grant

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi,
    My Dishwasher packed up yesterday and there appears to be no power, the display doesn't power up etc.

I've stripped the front of and checked that the mains is getting to the control module, and it was, so I removed the control module and opened it up to have a look.

I found the Power controller IC had let then smoke out and, what I think is a 2W resistor, has gone open circuit due to overheating.
    because of the overheating I'm not sure what the value of the resistor is, the datasheet for the LNK304GN shows an 8.2 ohm resistor in the application circuit but the band colours don't match that.

I can get a new IC from RS but does anyone have a clue what the value of the resistor is?

Thanks.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Phil Grant

Phil Grant

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Update
    I removed the resistor and the colours were less damaged underneath and I think it's a 10 Ohm resistor, the datasheet states a fusible resistor should be used but I don't think the one I've removed is fusible.

4. Phil Grant

Phil Grant

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Just in case anyone has the same issue, I replaced the resistor with a 3W 10 Ohm one and replaced the LNK304GN and everything has powered up OK and it's working fine, now to see how long it will last!

It cost me just under a fiver for the parts (had to buy 5 of the ICs) instead of around £100 for a new controller.:D

Sponsored Links