Bosch tumble dryer won't heat up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My tumble dryer runs, but doesn't heat up. After a while it stops and beeps four times, repeated three times. Airways are all clear, and cutout is not tripped.

Any ideas of what the beeps mean or what I can check next? Looking at the cost of spares I'd rather not start buying parts unless I can confirm they are faulty!

Model code is WTE84307GB/08

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Could be a faulty heating element or the NTCs ...There is also a limiter on this model to check as well..You need a multimeter to check the resistance of the heating element and the NTCs to rule out any problems first.Theres a NTC sensor at the heating element and a limiter at the heating element at the back of the machine ,you would have to un plug machine first then unscrew cover for heating element.There is a NTC sensor at the front of the machine as well.

Thanks. Do you have any idea what sort of values I should be looking for? Or am I just checking for an open circuit?

Another thought...

I had the side off the machine today to clean out the pump which was full of fluff gunk. Apparently it was heating up OK before I did that so is there something I could have disconnected or broken in the process?

Sponsored Links
Another thought...

I had the side off the machine today to clean out the pump which was full of fluff gunk. Apparently it was heating up OK before I did that so is there something I could have disconnected or broken in the process?
If it was working before you cleaned it then yes you could have disturbed a wire etc..I would recheck again to make sure you have not dislodged anything but make sure the plug is out first !! Make sure all connections are nice and tight ,even if they look ok just make sure they are seated correctly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back