Bosch vacuum motor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

My Bosch vacuum model BUC11700GB got wire tangled round the brush roller. This model has a smaller motor to run the brush. The brush stopped and the small motor went pop and smoked and tripped the reset button. Reset pressed and main vacuum motor runs but not brush motor. Tested with meter and it shows a very low voltage, about 1.5v. Before I order a motor, does anyone know what voltage this should show or how i can test the motor? It does smell.... Nothing else looks burned. There is a small and simple circuit board in the roller head which looks ok but I wouldn't know how to test that.

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
if you contact bosch direct BSH appliance care you'll be amazed at how helpful they can be. have your enr and fd number handy when you ring.

Keithwasherman - ta for reply.
Just in case it is of use, here's what happened...

No power reading at brush motor. Found it to be defective reset switch. Not immediately obvious as vacuum motor was running - reset only for brush motor. Fitted new reset switch - motor still popped and smoked. Contacted Bosch spares complaining that switch which is there to protect blow istelf up, while protecting nowt. They sent me a new brush motor gratis. Fitted it and it blew up too. Tiny circuit board in brush head is to drop power to 9v - defective too and 240v going to brush motor. New motor blown. Spoke with Bosch spares again and they sent motor, board and new reset switch all gratis. All fitted and working. Phew!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back