Shark NV680UK brush motor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to fix my Shark upright vacuum cleaner (NV680UK) as when the 'carpet' setting is selected I get a burning smell swiftly followed by the red light on the base unit indicating an overheat. I've been through all sorts of tests (using only the other attachments, using the hard floor setting only, etc.) and this is the only scenario where the symptoms show themselves. I took the base unit apart and can see that the belt is fine and the electrics do not show any signs of burning. The sniff test tells me that the brush motor is where the burning smell is coming from.
So, if I wanted to fix it I just replace the motor with a new one, right? Well, there's the problem, I can't find one.

Does anyone know if spare brush motors are available for the Shark NV680UK lift-away upright vacuum? If so, where?

I can see that similar ones are available in the US but they look to be for a lower voltage.
I can also see that I can buy the entire base unit for about £70 from the Shark website, but that's not really fixing the problem - it's just creating landfill.
It could be that spares are not available at this level but that doesn't seem very helpful.

Sponsored Links
when you activate "brush" does the brush spin? Or the motor spindle? I have (a different make) where I think carpet fibre or hair has caused an obstruction I can't get at.

Indeed it does. The brush spins and has recently been cleaned. The belt is in good condition (not damaged, worn,etc.).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back