miele vacuum carbon brush holder

Sponsored Links
Miele protect the production and distribution of their spares in my experience, so if you get something cheap it might be fake.

It's like the high end car market where you have to take the wing off some cars to replace the LED headlamp bulb which itself costs over £100.

Blup

What has broken off, an electrician or plumber should be able to solder terminals or the brush retainer back on.

What has broken off, an electrician or plumber should be able to solder terminals or the brush retainer back on.
if you look at the pic... it's the brass leg sticking out of the bottom that has snapped off

Sponsored Links
if you look at the pic... it's the brass leg sticking out of the bottom that has snapped off
Do you have the old one, if so it could be silver soldered back on, wouldnt trust tin/lead solder in that situation. If not have a google for a lucar blade terminal.

Do you have the old one, if so it could be silver soldered back on, wouldnt trust tin/lead solder in that situation. If not have a google for a lucar blade terminal.
i might just buy a 'for parts only' miele from fleabay
you can pick them up for a bout £20 and I'll lift the carbon brushes out

I realise this is a very old thread but the same thing happened to my Miele C3 and carbon brushes with the brass holders are now impossible to get. The terminal that snapped off doesn't seem to have any "supporting role" so I just soldered a short length of wire between the broken ends with regular solder and so far so good. I'm hoping it'll be better than the original as it's flexible and so less prone to vibration stress.

I realise this is a very old thread but the same thing happened to my Miele C3 and carbon brushes with the brass holders are now impossible to get. The terminal that snapped off doesn't seem to have any "supporting role" so I just soldered a short length of wire between the broken ends with regular solder and so far so good. I'm hoping it'll be better than the original as it's flexible and so less prone to vibration stress.
Not sure if solder on in brush wires could melt when motor under a good load, Ive repaired with silver solder which has a much higher

melting point just in case

Thanks. That has occured to me but I didn't have any silver solder to hand and not sure if my basic 40W draper soldering station would cut it. What silver solder would you recommend? I have an infra red heat gun so could check max temp of my soldering iron. Also how do I change the carbon brushes keeping the original housin? I ordered brushes - see below. There's a fair bit left on the originals so I well leave well enough alone for now!
Screenshot_2024-04-16-10-25-14-540_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

I have silver solder rods which I don't know the MP point of but needs a flame to run it. For delicate work I use a kitchen torch which does the job.

Attachments

• 17132615101517432731917929581996.jpg
    17132615101517432731917929581996.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 7
Thanks - very helpful + have been meaning to get a cooks torch!

Also how do I change the carbon brushes keeping the original housin? I ordered brushes - see below. There's a fair bit left on the originals so I well leave well enough alone for now! View attachment 340304
Are there some tabs folded over on the top of the holders, if so fold them open, replace the brush and closed again holding the brush spring compressed .
A contact soldering iron doesn't normally transfer enough heat to silver solder.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back