Bosch Varioperfect washer: code E00. How to reset?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Bosch washer stopped working with an E21 error code. This was cause by the motor bushes that had expired. I replaced them with genuine bushes.

I can now run what appears to be a self-test (timer shows 0:01) which works fine (machine fills, drum turns, spins, empties). But error code E00 is displayed and I can't make any programs run.

E00 apparently means that there are no errors, which would match the fact that the self-test cycle worked OK.

I suspect I am still in some sort of diagnostic mode and am trying to work out how to exit and return to normal operations. There seems to be any number of button/dial combinations out there online but none of them seem to do anything.

Clues? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Well - you google for days and just as you ask the question on here, you find an obscure web forum with the answer. So...

To reset the machine and remove the E00 error code, press and hold the start button and turn the dial one place to the left (anticlockwise). Keep holding the start button until the display goes weird then release. Then turn the knob back to off. Then when you put the dial to another wash setting it should be fine.

Note: to put the machine into what I suspect is a self test mode, do the following:
  1. Press the “on / start” button and hold it pressed.
  2. Keep holding the start button and turn the selector from the “off” position two positions to the left (two clicks).
  3. Wait 2 seconds and release the “on / start” button.
  4. The display should show 0:01 and it should run a test program that fills, turns the drum, empties and spins. If this all works OK and there are no errors, E00 will be displayed. It will keep running this cycle until you turn it off by turning the dial to the off position.
Sometimes you have to do the button press thing several times.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back