Bosch washer drum doesn't rotate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone help with drum not rotating during wash or spin cycle of Bosch washer WFK 6010?

We looked at the brushes and they were very worn down (one more than the other) but one seemed stuck so we loosened it up and put it all back together and the machine did a complete wash, with the drum rotating and spinning normally. Great.

Next wash, same problem. We replaced the brushes, now drum still not rotating. Can any kind person suggest what to do next? Any suggestions very welcome. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
assuming you have cleaned all the carbon out form where the old brushes have worn it sounds like your motor or its control board have given up

Thanks Breezer, gosh you were up early this morning, did my problem worry you so much you couldn't sleep? :LOL:

We hadn't cleaned the device, it was very dusty with carbon, so that is the next thing we will try. Didn't know how to clean it, should we 'wash' it in paraffin?

If it is the motor, why would it have worked once after putting the brushes unit back in? We can hear the control board clicking faintly every time it tries to turn the drum.

I'm really keen to get this fixed because I am under a lot of pressure from the hubby to get a new machine and I really don't want a new one right now. All the ones we've looked at don't have any flexibility on what temperature I can use and they don't have the facility for a cold wash, which I use most of the time (better for stain removal and maintaining colours).

A new motor for this machine is about £160 just to buy, without fitting! I'm in a lot of trouble here, for insisting we look at it before giving in.

Hesel said:
I am under a lot of pressure from the hubby to get a new machine and I really don't want a new one right now. .

Wish my wife would say stuff like that. One sign of the tub creaking and my wallet goes missing!

Sponsored Links
Thanks again, Breezer, we cleaned out the carbon dust and even re-soldered the joints (just for the hell of it) and guess what......... it's working great now, hold on to the divorce lawyers' name til next time something goes wrong!

Oooops spoke too soon - that was with an empty drum. Now with washing in, the drum moves a little, sounds like it is going round, but not going round enough to move the washing. Could this be a loose belt now?

Any advice for tightening up the belt - or - do we need a new one?

Now, where is that divorce lawyer?

just an update and for anyone else with the same problem - we tightened the belt and everything is working ok again. Don't need the lawyer after all :D

i have been out all day, just got back in, glad you have it fixed :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back