Bosch Washing Mach & Dish Washer both giving me problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Bosch diswasher which has stopped working - it will turn on so there is power to it and it makes a hummmm noise when you set it going but nowt else happens. Please could anyone advise what may be wrong ?

Washing Machine works fine except you have to stop and move it on manually at the end of each cycle in the program - again any ideas ?

Both appliances are 7yrs old and while capable of checking relatively external parts I would not be comfortable looking 'right inside' it. I am more than happy with paying for them to be fixed but what I would like to avoid is paying a call out charge when they are already 'beyond economical repair' (so i'd have paid just to be told they're knackered)

Any thoughts about what might be wrong and if you think its worth trying repairs or if you'd just replace them after 7yrs of use (the WM has been well used, but the DW much less so) ?

nb: Northamptonshire is a relatively hard water area - if this might matter i am not sure ?

oh and can anyone reccommend someone to come and look at them both who will be reasonable about things if they are knackered ?

Claire.

Sponsored Links
Common prob with Bosch dishwashers is the seal between the circulation pump and the sump.

This wears on the bottom edge and leaks water, this will activate the flood protection (drain pump runs and nothing else will work).

New seal is generally a couple of quid takes about 1/2 hour to an hour to change.

With the machine empty tip it backwards and see if water leaks out from underneath the base of the machine. I usually take off the R/H/S panel as you look at it from the front as that is where the main pump is (normally a couple of torx screws after removing the top.)

Hi,

thank you very much for taking the time to reply, i will investigate this and update when i know more :)

if anyone can suggest idea's for the w/m i would be so grateful :)

also, a general question - is it reasonable to ask someone to provide a quote for this sort of work before deciding to hire them ? i dont know whats usual as i have never had to have ppl in for something like this before ? obviously i dont want to leave someone without payment if they are spending time diagnosing but i also dont want to be ripped off if it cant be repaired cost-effectively. anyone in the trade can you tell me whats the usual way ?

many many thanks,

Claire.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back