Bosch Exxcel 1200 Express Washing Machine F18 Problem

Look inside the door for a label with the full model details & note the "E number". This is essential when ordering spare parts.

Sponsored Links
Thanks. I must admit I don't know what to do next. . :confused:

The worst kind of fault is an intermittent fault..... :mad:
The drain pump seems fine.

I think I might start with buying and installing a new pressostat and see if that inproves the situation.

As I mentioned earlier F18 is a pump timeout error. In my opinion it would most likely be caused by a restriction, a drain issue, or the pump is defective & needs replacing. Sometimes a pump can bench test ok but when it runs under load it can stick or even trip out via the internal klixon. I doubt if changing the pressostat would help you very much.

The problem WAS the drain pump assembly.

Replaced the drain pump and all is now well.

Thanks for the help. .:cool:

Sponsored Links
What we found was that when we gave the waste pipe a good shake a 1 cent coin was lodged at the very end of the pipe creating its very own non return valve. A perfect fit in the end of the waste pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back