Removing front of Bosch Exxcel 1200 Express washing machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just waiting for the part to arrive so I can change the door seal on my Bosch Exxcel 1200 Express washing machine.

Just one thing I haven't figured out - How to get the front of the machine off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhpBQTPmyNs

The Espares video shows that for the model shown the front is held on by 4 screws - Two at the bottom and two at the door interlock.

My Bosch Exxcel 1200 Express washing machine doesn't seem to have any screws near the door interlock . :confused: There are two white blanks at those positions and they don't seem to want to come off... :confused:

Sponsored Links
Firstly there is no need to remove the top panel or the control panel.The two pips on the door lock replace the screws,depress them one at a time while holding and pushing the door lock from the inside having released the front of the seal.Once you have removed the kickstrip held by one screw then slid to the right,undo the two screws at the bottom of the front panel.Remove the soap drawer and remove the one lowest screw which holds the front panel.Now pull the bottom of the front panel off the poppers then slide front panel down and away.The door lock wiring needs unclipping from the front panel.

Thanks for your help. I'm not sure I fully understand how the "pips" at the door lock are released, but I'll give it a try and hopefully figure out both how to get them to release and how to reattach them when reassembling.

You've saved me taking off the top and the control panel - Thanks again .:cool:

Sponsored Links
Thank you - I thought that the reference to possibly needing to remove the concrete counterweight on the video was nonsence.

Incidentally, I also find absolutely no need to remove the motor on this machine to change the brushes. One brush is easily accessible, the other is more tricky but can be changed if you have nimble fingers and a dentist type mirror so you can see what you are doing.

It is possible to change the seal without taking the front panel off if your hands are that nimble.it's just difficult getting the spring round the back of the seal.

Sounds like a challenge to me ! . :D - I'll give it a try. I must remember to put the spring around the seal before I put it onto the drum....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back