Bosch washing machine keeps spining with 1 minute displayed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

The Washing machine (WAQ28470GB) continues to wash with 1 Minute displaying 'forever'. It does this on the mixed load setting, when i change the dial to Drain/Gentle Spin/Super Quick the wash completes as expected.

Has anyone come across this before, or can anyone suggest things I can check?

Thanks
Sups

Sponsored Links
I have a Bosch washing machine too, slightly different model but mine does that too...it carries on for 10 minutes or more with 1 minute remaining showing on the screen. I'm not sure if this just means the main cycle is over but the machine always does what it should if left to it's own devices....

i suspect all that is happening is the clock starts and times down to one and when the machine catch up it stops
so a 60 min cycle will have each task taking an average will take 60 mins but every extra min on each cycle adds up as in colder water overfilled machine means greater heat up time and longer spin to shed extra water ???
but fully a guess

Hi everyone.

The Washing machine (WAQ28470GB) continues to wash with 1 Minute displaying 'forever'. It does this on the mixed load setting, when i change the dial to Drain/Gentle Spin/Super Quick the wash completes as expected.

Has anyone come across this before, or can anyone suggest things I can check?

Thanks
Sups

Do you mean that it is stuck in that mode until you select a more gentle option?

I am only guessing, but I would check the motor brushes. My Miele did something similar- by that, I mean that it refused to go in to a full spin at the end of a wash. Gentle washes with a low spin were fine though. Someone here recommended that I check the brushes and they were correct. One brush was fully worn. I replaced it and the machine was fine.

Sponsored Links
That model has a brushless motor, leaving 1 in the display is a sign of a fault sometimes the heating element, hence washing forever.
if you have or can access a multimeter the heating element is accessed from the back.Drain/Gentle spin/Quick wash are timed programs.

Last edited:
That model has a brushless motor, leaving 1 in the display is a sign of a fault sometimes the heating element, hence washing forever.
if you have or can access a multimeter the heating element is accessed from the back.Drain/Gentle spin/Quick wash are timed programs.
Thank you, yes I do have a multimeter and yes I can access the back. Can you tell me what I'm looking for, I'm guessing that I should be checking the resistance would you know what a good value range should be?
Also.. just spoke to the missus, she said even on the other cycles, the clothes do come out warm sometimes.... So the element should be working.

Shouldn't feel warm after 4 cold rinses unless you have got it on hot fill by mistake.
Put it on a 90 degree wash and after 15-20 mins. feel if the door glass is warm.

Assuhors - checked the water, indeed it was cold. Replaced the heating element and now it's all working again.. thank you.

The old element had blown, but interesting the element was covered in some sort or grey chalky compound it was literally caked on, it didn't look like limescale... I have a water softener so I would have expected the element to be clean. Weird.
Sups

Assuhors - checked the water, indeed it was cold. Replaced the heating element and now it's all working again.. thank you.

The old element had blown, but interesting the element was covered in some sort or grey chalky compound it was literally caked on, it didn't look like limescale... I have a water softener so I would have expected the element to be clean. Weird.
Sups
Not limescale, congealed washing powder / liquid which does not fully dissolve especially with low temp washes .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back