Bosch Washing Machine Playing up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All, Had a quick look around on here for an answer but the issue I'm having is a little different.

My washing machine was not moving on to the spin cycle so, the machine would empty the water, but the washing would be extremely wet. I could manually spin the machine and all would be ok. Now though, there seems to be no way of encouraging the machine to get rid of the water. It just sits there, churning the water occassionally, even if I put the dial to spin manually. So I've had to dump the water out through the filter drain on the front of the machine. I noticed after doing this, that it was possible to get the machine to spin though, its as if the weight of the water prevents it from spinning! But, although it spins, the water doesnt get dispelled. So, what water was left in after draining it manually was visible when the machine spun, but didnt leave the waste pipe.

I remove the impeller pump and that happily spins when passing 240V thru it and I've checked for blockages in all the pipes... I think!

Any thoughts on what to look at next?
thanks

Sponsored Links
Just because the pump spins when you hotwire it doesn't mean it is ok. Duff pumps may seem to run fine unloaded...but add water to the equation & it conks-out.
Do you have 240v supply at the pump terminals on a drain cycle?
Have you checked the sump & waste hose for blockages?
If yes to all the above change the pump ;)

If your appliance is connected onto the sink spigot (a nozzle by the sink u bend) check that this isnt blocked in anyway if this is clear or the drain hose is inserted into a standpipe on the wall then check the sump hose on the appliance (hose between tub and pump assy ) hasnt been blocked with a rogue sock lets say :)

Sponsored Links
Hi All.

Checked the pipes again and none were blocked so bit the bullet and paid out for a new pump. Thought it was worth spending out a tenth of the price of a new machine to find out! Anyway, its working now so thanks to all for your help. I still have to force it to spin by selecting on the dial rather than letting it go thru the cycle but its worth it if we can eek out a few more months use out of the machine.

thanks again, thought I'd post a result so it might help others!
cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back