Bosch water heater location

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All!

Just discovering this forum and have found so much useful information!

My question is in regards to the appropriate location of a gas water heater. I live in Australia in a raised house. In Australia houses are built off the ground to increase air flow and cool the house. Half of my basement is 1.5 meters off the ground and half is a full story. The full height section contains a laundry, storage room and a large half enclosed area. I have a Bosch Electronic Water Wizard 13 (despite it's name it is actually a gas heater that heats water as it runs through a tank less system) that is installed in this large open room. (it looks very similar to this one when the front plate is removed).

This is very economical in a warm climate and it does a great job! (never runs out of hot water :LOL: ).

I intend to create a very large room out of the half enclosed area by finishing the internal walls and installing a double door across the entrance.

My problem is where to place the Heater! I assumed it cannot be enclosed.

The easiest solution is to rotate it on the wall it is currently mounted. The issue with this solution is that the heater will be in the 1.5m high area. With only 140mm between the ceiling and ground (soil). Is this sufficient or should i look to place it else where?
What are the installing requirements for a heater of this type?

Thank you so much for you help in advance!

cheers,

Aaron

[/img]

Sponsored Links
the regs may differ between here and there in this matter so I cannot be fully sure on the answer but that location would not be allowed in the UK.

There has to be a minimum distance (300mm I THINK) from the ground to the base of the flue outlet, to stop debris blocking the flue,

I would recommend a different location.

Happy hunting.

you need to find the manufacturers instructions really.
a quick google revealed nothing but as this is an aus/nz only model you are unlikely to find answers on this site as we are all poms :D

if you can find the manufacturer's website it is sure to have installation instructions.

I don't think we have that kind of thing over here.

edited: bah, too slow

Sponsored Links
Why not just consult a locally accredited gas installation company, i'm sure they will be conversant with the requirements!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back