Bosch WFF 1401 Spinning problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just back from holiday today, it's pouring with rain so we need this like a whole in the head.

Prior to the holiday we'd experienced problems. The Gentle spin at the end of the usual programme did not work. However by selecting another spin we could get by.

Today however it appears that all spinning has ceased! Everything else seems to work fine, but come the spin cycle we get all the noise but no spinning.

Does this need an expert to look at it or is there something an eejit like myself can do?

Thanks for any help in advance

Sponsored Links
It may just be a blockage stopping the water from draining quickly enough. Is there any water left in the drum at the end of the programme?

The water seems to drain ok. I had cleaned out the drainage as per the instructions but to be honest there wasn't much in the way of blockage anyway.

The clothes don't lie in water but are very damp at the end of the cycle, and even just putting the programme to run on a rinse doesn't get the drum rotating, although it does so ok in the normal washing cycle.

Sponsored Links
Could possibly be a partly blocked water level pressure vessel. Spin is inhibited until the pressure switch registers that the water has drained out so if the system is remaining pressurised due to a partial blockage it will behave as if it's still full of water. The pressure vessel sometimes gets choked with detergent residue. To check this I normally pull off the hose from the pressure switch (mounted toward the top of the machine) and try a spin with this hose off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back