BEKO WMA1512 spin problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having problems with my BEKO WMA1512 in that it will not run the spin cycle programmes A, B and C (Full Spin, Short Spin and Gentle Spin) on their own. If these programmes are selected, the programmer simply pauses and then clicks round to the Stop position!
On a 'Maintenance Wash' (Programme 2 - no laundry) it seems to do everything except draining the machine prior to the final spin, however, selecting Programme D does pump out and drain the machine. Also Programme 9 (Synthetic 30° Mini Wash) seems generally to run right the way through, although that too occasionally has stopped and not pumped out prior to the finel spin!
I have checked to make sure the drain filter, pump and pipes are clear and unobstructed. The motor brushes have been replaced recently.
Similar problems on the BEKO WMA1512 seem to have been discussed several times on the appliances forum back to 2007, so I am hoping someone may be able to help.
As a matter of interest I have been able to obtain wiring and circuit diagrams, and programmer sequence details from BEKO, but they are mainly in Turkish.
One further point, this machine is the version with a single on/off indicator light beneath the push button.
Best regards
John

Sponsored Links
These machines use the old mechanical timers which contain small plastic gear wheels wich sometimes get worn out or damaged. The problem is almost certainly down to a faulty timer. These timers are fairly easy to replace but there are a couple of "flying" wires which need to be cut and joined to the wiring loom of the machine using terminal strip blocks or by soldering. As usual, plug out before any repairs!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back