BEKO WM6251W FAULT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, all my m/in/laws BEKO WM6251W washing machine has gone on the blink.

The symptons:
Cannot select a programme or cancel what it appears to be stuck on - SPIN - but doesnt spin - Drum sensor???
Will not cancel or restart
The start and spin/end lights are on
It will drain
I have cleaned out pipes,filter etc
Back flushed it through from waste to drain pipe
Flushed it through detergent tray and drained ok
Connected to mains water will not fill, presumably safety lockout to prevent further damage?
The last cycle she said was 'spin'
She did get it to fill twice and had to manually drain it b4 i got round to give it a flush out.

It is 4 years old, BEKO,is this standard service life for this lower end appliance, cost £200 ish. Worth repairing or get a new one.

Any advice will be gratefully rcvd before I spend another 3 hrs of my day, trying to logically eliminate possibles. :mad:

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I don't know much about brand reliability but getting 4 years out of a £200 washing machine seems reasonable - relatively speaking based on experience with more expensive models that barely lasted 2 years.

It will only be worth repairing if you can diagnose the fault cheaply or for free and work out the repair cost. Personally, anything more than £50 to fix a minor issue and you might be better of just getting a new washing machine.

Dont know if this helps but its the only tech info I have on any Beko kit at the moment.

Beko washing machines (1715 etc..)

H1 : NTC OPEN CIRCUIT OR SHORT CIRCUIT ( 10000 )
H2 : HEATER OPEN CIRCUIT ( 01000 )
H3 : HEATER ALWAYS ON ( 11000 )
H4 : VALVE TRIAC SHORT CIRCUIT ( 00100 )
H5 : PUMP OPEN CIRCUIT ( 10100 )
H6 : MOTOR TRIAC SHORT CIRCUIT ( 01100 )
H7 : PRESSURE SENSOR FAILURE ( 11100 )
H11 : MOTOR / TACHO OPEN CIRCUIT ( 00110 )

Where "1" is the LED on and "0" is the LED off.

Reset sequence

Turn power off (not mains)
Hold down the start/pause button
Turn power back on
Turn dial to 90 degree wash
Keep start/pause button held down for 5secs
Release start/pause button
Turn dial to spin
Hold start/pause button for a further 5 secs

Thanks but this model does not have actual fualt codes. :confused:

I will try the reset process and report back. ;)

Sponsored Links
Does it have a series of lights along the top.

The 10001 etc refers to which lights are on and which are off.

Hi Leccy,

Reset process didnt work, but me dad said 'check the brushes' , so I had a rethink and she did say it stopped mid cycle.

So checked the brushes and Eureka, one side was flush, loads of carbon on commutator, so took em off and gave the comutator a brush up as well.

Unfortunetely local suplier was shut by 2pm so sending the m/i/law to get brushes tmoz with housings and hopefully they will pop them in for me and I can refit.

Will report back with hopefully a positve result. :LOL:

Success!! :D

The brushes did the trick. £25 well spent and they came with new housings so I had to literally screw them back on and connect.

Working like new with the flushing out that I did as well.

So the best tip we can all give is 'check the brushes' when it stops mid cycle.

Its a shame the manufacturers dont say that in the fault pages!!

Thanks to you all that posted.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back