Bosch WFF1401 Washing machine - worth fixing or not?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All!

I've got a Bosch WFF1401 washing machine. During kitchen renovations it was left in the garage for almost a year (a lot longer than planned!) and it was not used. It's a little bit damp in there but okay.

On the first use it worked fine. On the second use the machine did not recognise the end of the cycle so the dial kept clicking on and going to the next cycle and washing again. The only way to to stop it was switching off at the button. As the cycle hadn't stopped, the door would not unlock. A friend suggested it was the circuit board and if I switched it off at the mains this would correct itself. Fortunately it did.

However this is now an intermittent problem. Sometimes it will run a cycle correctly and there is no problem. However sometimes it will do the thing where it keeps going through all the cycles or it will get stuck in a cycle and I have to click the dial forward to move it on. Sometimes it will bypass the spin cycle alltogether.

Is this something easy to fix ourselves by replacing a part (my partner is quite handy) or not? If not then is it worth fixing at all, i.e it's 10 years old and a repair could be expensive or should we bite the bullet and by a new machine?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Claire

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back