Bosch WFF2001 washing machine pump faulty?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pump on my Bosch WFF 2001 seems to have stopped working properly.
Earlier on this evening I noticed the pump was making an unusual noise then shortly afterwards it stopped with the Rinsing & Spin/pump lights flashing.

I drained it and checked the pump/filter and found a stick stuck in there (about 4" long & 1/4" in diameter) - I have no idea how it got in there or where it's from!
Anyway, I removed it and restarted the machine but it stopped in the same point in the programme with the same fault (and a load of water in the bottom of the drum).

The pump now makes an odd noise and when I try to turn the vanes of the pump there is some resistance then it springs round a bit - I'm not sure if this is normal (the manual says it should turn freely).
To my untrained ear, the pump sounds 'lumpy' as though it's struggling to overcome the same resistance that I get when turning it manually.

Does it sould like the pump needs replacing?
If so, how much should I expect it to cost (Bristol area)?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back