Bosch WFT 2800 Washer not filling correctly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our Bosch WFT2800GB stops regularly near the start of the main wash, or during the rinse. It shows the error "PREWASH - ANTCREASE - 3" which is described in the manual as: "Water tap not open or blocked inlet filter". It is definately not the filters, as I tried running without them, and the tap is open. I tried a different tap as well. The washer has a cold and hot connection, both are connected to the cold supply via a "Y" adapter. It has run fine for several years, so I don't think it is the house plumbing, but who knows since the pressure is very low - we are in a bunglaow and the washer fills from the tank in the loft. I measured the supply coming out of the tap and it delivers about 6l/minute.
:?: My question is: does this sound reasonable to fill the machine or should I think about replumbing it onto mains water? I am reluctant to just try changing the inlet valve as it is a complicated and expensive looking four way affair. Might this need cleaning or descaling?
Suggestions most welcome!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back