Bosch worcester greenstar 28i boiler won't maintain 1.5bar pressure when off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Worcester 28i boiler won't maintain pressure of 1.5 bar pressure.
I try repressuring it the normal way with key underneath but after hot water or central heating runs it drops towards zero bar when no heating on.
Is there anywhere else to top up the central heating via boiler as it is a combi with no tanks in loft.
Can't see any leaks but would it help to flush and put some treatment in not sure what how do you top up or flush a combi 28i worcester boiler?
Thanks for any help please
Phil

Sponsored Links
If you look outside some where you will see the prv outlet , usually 15mm copper pipe is water coming out of there ? Does the key actually pressurise the system ?

Sponsored Links
if no water coming out the pipe mentioned above ( if so replace PRV and charge ex/vessel at the same time ) if not you may have a leaking heat exchanger o_Oor leaking on system somewhere .
fill the boiler back up then isolate the flow and return pipes under the boiler and leave overnight , if you lose the pressure still your heat/ex is fooked

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back