bosch worcester

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Bosch Worcester 280rsf at home, heating works fine, but problems with hot water (runs hot-then cold).
Have been told that it is most probably the hws heat excahnger (blockage/restriction on primary side). If this is the case, what replacement part number do i need-can't seem to find anywhere online that shows image of phe, or a phe that is compatible with my boiler GC no . The GC no. of my boiler is 47 311 11, product number HC 280 FSN.
If it is the phe causing the problem, how easy is it to replace (looks like i may need to remove expansion vessel etc?). Could you please advise me as to where i can buy a replacement, or any ideas of what else it could be?

:rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Right, i think I've narrowed it down to one of the following two item numbers;

1) 87161429010 (says 24kw) @ around £50

OR

2) 87161429020 (says 280 alfa) @ around £115

Sorry for all the confusion, but its a new house I've moved into, and i haven't got a manual for the boiler.

If anyone can confirm which would apply to me (or explain what the differences are between the two) it would be very much appreciated. :)

Part no. 8716142902 according to the manual (note no 0 at the end).

Manual is on the Worcseter site under discontinued boilers.

Looks a fair bit of work to remove - you'll also need O ring/seal kits.

Plate heat exchangers can often be cleaned see //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=105152

Check its not temperature sensors etc before you pull out the plate.

Sponsored Links
Part no. 8716142902 according to the manual (note no 0 at the end).

Manual is on the Worcseter site under discontinued boilers.

Looks a fair bit of work to remove - you'll also need O ring/seal kits.

Plate heat exchangers can often be cleaned see //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=105152

Check its not temperature sensors etc before you pull out the plate.

Gasguru where in the manual did you get that from mate? The one i'm looking at is only 4 pages?? :rolleyes: (clicked on the link that megawatt posted) :confused:

There are two manuals at the link and you want the Installation and servicing instructions not the user manual.

My mistake I should have said that you need to be in the installer area (link at the top)

My mistake I should have said that you need to be in the installer area (link at the top)

:cool: Owe you a beer mate, thanks a lot :D

Just hope i get a result tomorrow (remove phe and see if thats the cause)

What a result........... :D :D :D :D
Removed phe which didnt look scaled up, just black.
Cleaned phe in pan of hot water with cleaner twice, backflushed with shower hose, re-installed and hey-presto constant hot water! :eek:
Like to thank everyone at the forum for their help, and again cant say how pleased i am to not now having to dodge out of the way of a cold shower :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back