Ariston eurocombi A/23 MFFI help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having problems with my hot water. The water was running warm cold warm cold never hot :cry: My 1st thoughts where clogged heat exchanger so i power flushed it with limescale & sludge remover (hot water side and rads)
The water now runs warm MAD HOT! warm MAD HOT! etc
I have also fitted a new temp sensor but this made no difference :cry:
Its like the boiler get to temp then shuts down (not over heated) then fires back up again so on and so on

Sponsored Links
Whats the flow rate out of the hot tap, it should be about 9-10 litres /min with this boiler to get a 35C temp rise.

Doesn't sound like a blockage then. When you run a hot tap does the ch flow pipe get hot?

Sponsored Links
Looks like a bit of tempering might have taken place. Also gas line might be suspect if boiler cannot deliver specified quantity of water at the tap at 35°C.

For this temperature rise, when water in is colder, temperature sensor often stays out of the picture.

the central heating flow pipe doesn't change temp when hot tap is run

if i lower the flow rate to 5L in 2 mins the water temp stays steady and hot

I think you need a corgi to check the gas rate and burner pressure/co2 content as a basic first before you go any further.

Always goes a little quiet when a suggestion involving spending money is mentioned!

Tony

thanks for all the help. when you say corgi need to come out do you mean a heating engineer who is corgi registered or someone from corgi?

Have you checked the flow/return temperaturesa across the plate exchanger?. I'd remove the plate and check it.

With the boiler completely COLD open a hot tap fully. Put your hands across the flow/return pipes inside the boiler. Often a large difference in temperature and the boiler modulating down indicates the plate is blocked.

Have you checked the flow/return temperaturesa across the plate exchanger?. I'd remove the plate and check it.

With the boiler completely COLD open a hot tap fully. Put your hands across the flow/return pipes inside the boiler. Often a large difference in temperature and the boiler modulating down indicates the plate is blocked.

i will give this a try tomorrow
:)

The same symptoms can occur when the pump is not operating correctly or there is a blockage in the boiler apart from the plate HE.

Tony

if the boiler was blocked would this affect the rads as well as the hot water? The rads have always worked perfectly.
when i flushed the hot water side it was bringing out black sluddgy stuff,
i flushed the system 3 times 1hour each time, could more flushing help?

A blocked plate would have no effect on the radiators.

Remove the plate to clean it unless you have access to a powerflushing machine and a pump adapter where you can reverse flush the plate, however this method risks contaminating the primary heat exchanger.

I am having problems with my hot water. The water was running warm cold warm cold never hot :cry: My 1st thoughts where clogged heat exchanger so i power flushed it with limescale & sludge remover

When I first read that I assumed you had a power flushing pump and knew what chemicals to use. Now I have my doubts!

How did you connect the power flushing pump to the plate HE ???

What chemicals did you use?

It is probably still the plate blocked unless it was PROPERLY cleaned.

the plate HE has NOTHING to do with the heating! Its for the HOT WATER

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back