BOSCH WVF 2401

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Washer Dryer is washing properly but Dryer is not working.
Its not drying the clothese.

I checked all the 3 Thermostats at the top of it, continuity is fine in them , then i checked the Filament in the bottom of the Drum, that also shows the continuity.

What other could be the problem>??????

Another thing, i should mention that One of the Timer is not working. It does click on spin, but we can turn it all around 360 degree, it wont stop, keep spinning. Do you think that is the problem ? but if i use that , machine does start working Normally.

Please Advice.

Sponsored Links
Does it say "WVF2401GB/01" on the door sticker?
When you checked the thermostats did you also check the dryer element? (not the one at the bottom, that's the washer element).
Does the dryer fan run? Which timer isn't working properly?

The Model Number is only WVF2401 , but i could not see the second element, it must be the second heating element which is not working, when i put it on to spin, it does all the spinning but the clothes remain wet and no heater seems to be working in it.

Also is there a seperate Thermostat for that as well, somewhere in it ??
if u locate that for me, it will be easier for me to look into it.

Many thanks.

The DRYER element is in the aluminium heater box under the lid (same place the 3 thermostats are). 2 element connections stick out the right hand side of it, you need to check the resistance on those. The heater element in the bottom of the drum is nothing to do with drying....it is the wash heater. You also need to confirm if the dryer fan is running.

Sponsored Links
Yes, you are perfectly right, on it, the both elements are working fine, as i can see the continuity in them but could not hear the sound of the Fan for the Dryer. That is not making any sound. I did not open that fan out yet, but i am sure thats not working.
If i take that out, can i check that seperately , whether its faulty or not??

Is it possible that i could be able to change the fan or there could be a fuse or thermostat for that as well, which could have gone and not the fan itself. I dont know, but hope that you would advise some thing perfectly as you did before.

Many thanks.

No fuse. Fan/fan box might be jam-packed with old lint & stopping the fan from turning. Got to come out to check.
The fan motor is a capacitor type, the 1.5uf capacitor on it could be defective.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back