Bosch WVT126S washer/Dryer

S

shelaghb

The other day I put a post on regarding my Bosch washer/dryer not drying properly. Well since then the bosch engineer has been and said it was the fan that was blocked with fluff, which he duely cleaned out.

However, since then when it goes onto the drying programme, after about 30 minutes very hot steam is coming from the dispenser drawer and some is dripping onto the floor - it still isn't drying properly. Although I am getting the engineer back, has anyone any ideas as to what the problem is

Sponsored Links
who cares, its his problem

i guess more fluf / condensor / fan not working.

when i worked for hp i was taught never to clean a condensor. throw it away and fit a new one

I agree it is his problem, but the only reason I was asking for advice, is that I have a member of the family working away all week, and a quick turn around of clean clothes at weekend if important.

My past experience of people on this site has been very helpful and polite!

and your point is?

as i said its his problem to fix it, not yours. suppose i am wromng with my diagnosis (well i cant see the m/c from here)

and there is nothing worse when doing a job that some one saying

"..........and on (DIYnot) they said it was.......

just sympatise with the bloke and give him a cup of tea.

you may be surprised at how gretfull i used to be just for a cuppa

Sponsored Links
Shelagh, the problem soons like the condensor bottle is blocked with fluff definitely an engineers job. If he's just cleaned the fan and not flushed the whole system chances are the lazy *******s has just moved the problem futher done the condensing system. It needs to be stripped from the top of the drum / Door seal right back to the air/water return on the back of the main drum. Once thats done you should notice a difference. You need also to check the water vavle and that there is power going to it during the cycle to flush the condensor bottle and reduce the steam, could be a combination of both, would be tricky enough to check but a competent engineer should have it done in about thirty minutes.

Hope this helps ;-}

Thanks very much Laundry Spares, I now know that I will have to wait for the return visit. Because of the situation, was wondering if there was a quick fix solution I could have done myself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back