BOSS BMPV222 problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have installed the same valve BOSS BMPV222, 3 port mid position valve. The valve has 5 wires Earth, Blue(neutral), White(to Water tank therm), Grey, and Orange.

I have wired them exactly as the old valve was wired but now have a very similar problem to what is being discussed here.

If I turn the HW on at the console, the boiler and pump fire and I get Hot Water. If I turn the CH ON by itself, nothing happens. If I turn the CH on with the HW, the HW works but nothing happens for the CH unless I move the valve to "MAN" and the rads start to warm up until the valve shifts itself back to "AUTO". and then no heating again.

I have checked the White wire, if the HW is ON the pump and boiler are working, if I turn the thermostat on the water tank to 0 degerees the pump and boiler stop. ( this is what should happen I believe)

I have checked the voltage readings, and with HW and CH OFF at the concole I have 0V on the Orange wire and 240V on the Grey. If I turn the CH ON at the console I still read 240V on the Grey wire and 0V on the Orange wire (the pump and boiler do NOT fire). If I turn the HW ON at the concole regardless of whether the CH is ON or OFF at the console, I read 240V on the Orange wire and the Grey wire drops to 0V, the pump and boiler fire for the Hot water.

Any ideas???

HELP!! :eek:)

Sponsored Links
I Have figured it out!

It seems that the plastic temp dial on the thermostat has broken inside the thermostat. I replaced the thermostat , all is now great with the world!

Thanks for the tip!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back