Boss strap on side of horizontal soil pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Have spent 30 minutes searching Google without a clear answer on these q's:

Can I put a 32mm bidet waste pipe into a boss strap on the side (i.e. not entering from above) of a horizontal 110mm soil pipe? Possibly slightly above half way up the soil pipe? The boss would only be about 400mm downstream from where the the toilet pan is, at which stage I can imagine the toilet waste filling a significant section of the soil pipe? Bidets are about the same height as toilets, hence no way of gaining top access to horizontal soil pipe. This is a boxed in and hung pan/bidet situation with no vertical section of soil pipe anywhere near. Other waste coming in to this soil is basin (upstream from bidet and yes, that can boss in to top of soil pipe as basin waste is high enough to start with).

I'm not quite clear how much of a 110mm pipe a flushing toilet fills up nor how far into the 110mm pipe the bossed 32mm pipe need protrude (possibly not at all).

If this is OK, would I silicon or solvent weld the boss strap onto the soil pipe to ensure a watertight connection?

If it's not OK I have some serious head-scratching/re-designing to do...

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back