Bostitch C50-U Portable Compressor 50 Litre 240Volt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I’d like to get a compressor, mostly for nailing but also for some painting. I’d be painting wooden garden gates and I’d like to know:

Is a spray gun / compressor set up and efficient / quick way of painting exterior wood? How does it compare to brush painting exterior wood like gates?

Can I use this compressor http://www.dm-tools.co.uk/product.php/section/4717/sn/BOSC50U to carry out this job?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I have two compressors, a 10L for nailing and a 100L for spraying.

I'm a hobbyist so not at it all day.

From my experience with spraying, a 50L tank is the very least you will require, unless you are prepared to have continual breaks from spraying while the tank refills.

You could of course attach an additional tank linked to the main compressor but I'm not sure if it is a straight feed from the compressor or whether you would have to disconnect the gun onto the "spare " tank These spare tanks are cheap to buy.

It is all down to the CFM of the machine, check the rating of the machine and compare it againstt the minimum CFM of the attachment (Spraygun)

A 50L will handle your nailing requirements all day long but as for spraying I doubt you would be happy with it if using it for continued use.

It would however be a lot faster than painting by hand, although the clean up takes a little time too, not an issue if you have several gates to paint as the saving in time is well worth it.

Good luck

Belated thanks for the reply Bluekingfisher, I'm leaning more towards just getting an air compressor for nailing and will probably be going with a 50l Bostitch compressor. My main worry now is noise, 94 db seems pretty noisy.

How long , roughly does a 50l tank take to fill/ motor on and how many finish nails could I fire , for instance , on a full 50L tank , before the motor kicks in, and how long would it stay on for when it kicks in?

I'm wondering could I fill the tank during the day and then use the air in the evening when noise would be an issue?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back