Bostitch C50-U Portable Compressor 50 Litre for painting?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I’d like to get a compressor, mostly for nailing but also for some painting. I’d be painting wooden garden gates and I’d like to know:

Is a spray gun / compressor set up and efficient / quick way of painting exterior wood? How does it compare to brush painting exterior wood like gates?

Can I use this compressor http://www.dm-tools.co.uk/product.php/section/4717/sn/BOSC50U to carry out this job?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
As you would expect, there's a fair amount of overspray which may or may not be an issue.... largely this depends on how much work there is for it. Always check how many CFM any air tools use before choosing any compressor though.
John :)

You need a fairly big compressor for painting as paint guns tend to use a high volume of air. It's also better to get an oil-free compressor or an in-line filter to avoid getting oil in your paint

If your going to spray paint your gates/fence... please dont.

There are loads of people that have had a neighbour spray their fence - and also the patio set, the patio, the "anything the other side of the fence".

Sponsored Links
If your going to spray paint your gates/fence... please dont.

There are loads of people that have had a neighbour spray their fence - and also the patio set, the patio, the "anything the other side of the fence".

Seconded. I spent a happy 30 minutes spraying what I thought was a relatively solid fence panel.
Then I spent a less happy 2 hours scraping and washing next door's patio tiles before Mrs Next Door got home.
Mr Next Door thought it was kinda funny, though. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back