Bottletrap/waste kit doesn't fit together!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, my good old dad is plumbing my new bathroom for me. It's the first time either of us have ever used a bottle trap but it seemed straight forward.

I received my basin, waste & bottle trap as one kit, but the waste doesn't fit into the plastic sleeve in the bottle trap? Should we try applying some washing up liquid and just force it in? Or do we have the wrong idea here completely? I've included an image to show what I mean:

(A) does not fit into (C)!

Sponsored Links
Now, call me Mr Stupid, but I really canoot see what this has to do with Electrics?????

Or maybe you have posted on the wrong forum? I'll ask mods to move you somewhere mopre useful (and less sarcastic ;) )

I'm not sure what that has to do with knowing the difference between plumbing and electrics..... ;)

Sponsored Links
I just clicked 'new topic' and didn't see the choice of forum drop down way off in the bottom right corner (after the submit button). Bad design, much like my bottle trap. Speaking of which, can anybody help please?

The chrome pipe is not meant as a sleave. It is the pipe to connect from the trap to the waste and has a diameter of about 30mm. Std 32mm will not fit the trap, too big.
You will need a multifit bend or union to go from the chrome to the plastic. Something like this
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/90571...ste/Universal-Compression-Waste-90-Bend-32mm#

Edit
Never read your post right thought you meant the outlet pipe.
Slide Nut B on to pipe A. Put sleeve C in some boiling water which will soften it.
Push A into C then AC into D.
Hope that lot makes sense :LOL:

And when it`s all finished - a bloody great big Earth Clamp and 10mm earth wire :idea: :LOL: NO, I ain`t joking

Thanks Tamz, that's exactly what I needed to know! :D

And thanks matt1e for sorting Nige F out haha ;)
Emy, you did well to escape from the electric forum relatively unscathed. There are some self righteous unpleasant people on there. We refer to that forum as the "bronx"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back